Male and Female
Cycle transport: Price includes to-and-fro transportation for 1 Cycle ( If you require transport for your personal cycle )
Male and Female
Accomodation in Dorms for 1 person ( Inclusions: Stay, Food and snacks, activities like Zipline, Obstacle Course, Burma Bridge )
Tusya Travel and Hospitality Services & Natventure Holidays are conducting the Second edition of the Wada Duathlon in the month of September, 2016.
Cycle Drop Points:
Mumabi to Race Venue Transportation Pick up points:
Duathlon: Duathlon is an athletic event that consists of a running leg, followed by a cycling leg and then another running leg. The event is meant for all the fitness lovers who also love to Run and Ride in the rural areas.
Full Distance Solo Duathlon 40 Km Cycle + 10 Km Run
Half Distance Solo Duathlon 20 Km Cycle + 5 Km Run
Full Distance Relay Duathlon 40 Km Cycle + 10 Km Run
Fun Run 7 Km
Reporting Time: 7:00 A.M
MORE ABOUT RELAY
A relay team had two participants where one is a runner and the other one a cyclist. A runner starts the race and completes the first run of 5 Km, the cyclist takes over the race after the first run is complete. The runner waits until the cyclist arrives after 40 Km. the runner again takes over the race and completes the remaining 5 Km of running.
1. Breakfast Before the Race
2. Finishers Medal & Certificate
3. Lunch after the race (Veg / Non-Veg)
4. Water, energy drink support during the race
5. First-aid and medical support during the race
Exclusions ( Contact 8197871085 to arrange for the below mentioned ):
1. Transport to the venue at an additional cost
2. Cycles on rent at an additional cost. Transportation charges to be paid as well. Those who avail cycles on rent will get their cycles on Sunday morning directly at the race venue.
3. Cycle transport to the venue at an additional cost. Please note that cycles will be transported to the venue on Saturday evening. Those opting for cycle transport need to hand over the cycles on Saturday September 17, 2016.
4. Stay at the venue on Saturday night at an additional cost. (Limited seats. First come first serve. Preference given to outstation participants)
CUT-OFF: The cut-off time for Full Duathlon Solo and Relay race is 4 hours and 30 minutes to complete 10 Km run and 40 Km cycle. Any participant, who takes more than 4 hours 30 minutes to complete the first two sections of the race, will not be eligible for a finisher’s medal.
1. Any participant who is caught along the route by our volunteers, while taking short-cuts will be disqualified.
2. Any participant who is caught without a helmet at any point on the cycle route will be disqualified.
3. Any participant who does not stop on the route when requested by our marshals will be disqualified.
TRANSPORTATION / CYCLE ON RENT
1. Two trips to transport participants to the venue-
a. Saturday evening at 5 pm – For outstation participants and / or for those who have availed stay facility at the venue.
b. Sunday morning at 5:30 am - For local (Mumbai) participants
2. One trip for cycle transport to the venue on Saturday at 4 pm. All local and outstation participants who avail cycle transport to hand over the cycles by 4 pm on Saturday (Venue will be shared later)
3. Cycles are available on rent at an additional cost per day with Helmet.
STAY: The stay at the race venue is in dormitory style and Cottages. Do carry warm clothes along for extra protection. You are free to carry your own sleeping bag.
1. Helmet is mandatory
2. NO ROAD BIKES ALLOWED. Only MTBs or Hybrids
CANCELLATION AND REFUND
1. Cancellation is allowed only up to 7th June.
2. We will be deducting the processing charges of Rs. 250/- per registration. You will be refunded with the remaining amount.
3. No cancellation and refund after 7th June, 2016.
1. Top three athletes in all Solo categories and top three teams in all Relay categories will be felicitated.
2. The prize distribution ceremony will be held on the same day, same venue after the race.
3. The number of ranks in each category will depend on the number of registered participants. Please note the following:
4. If a category has only up to 5 entrants, then only the top prize will be given.
5. If a category has more than 5 and up to 8 entrants, then the top two prizes will be given.
6. If a category has more than 8 entrants, then the top three prizes will be given.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. By taking part in the Wada Duathlon 2016 2nd Edition, (the “Race”), the Participant accepts and agrees to abide by the Rules and Regulations of the Race.
2. A participant affirms the accuracy of all information provided on the Registration Form. Should there be any discrepancies found, the Participant may be disallowed to participate in the Race.
3. Registration is only confirmed upon successful payment and issuance of a confirmation email. Please contact the Organiser if you do not receive the confirmation email upon registration.
4. All entries to the Race are based on a first-come first-served basis unless otherwise stated.
5. The Organiser shall not be responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
6. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Rules and Regulations without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
7. To the best of the knowledge of the Organiser, the information presented on our Event Page is believed to be correct. The Organiser does not accept responsibility for any actions taken on the basis of this information neither does it accept any liability for omission or errors of fact contained herein.
HEALTH & SAFETY
1. Every participant is responsible for his/her involvement in the race. The Organisers will not be liable for any injuries, mishaps, sickness, death or loss/damage to personal property that may occur during any leg of the Race.
2. Every participant need to be aware that his/her participation in the Race is physically demanding and involves a certain amount of risk and in choosing to participate, every participant acknowledges that he/she accepts all risks associated with participation in the Race and that such acceptance is a precondition to my participation. Every participant understands that he/she will have to co-operate fully with the Organisers and diligently comply with all safety instructions, directions and requirements.
3. Every participant shall therefore not hold the Organisers or any of its related companies or any of their respective officers, employees and agents liable for any damage to or loss of property or any injury or loss of life which may be sustained by the participant during the course or arising from any cause in connection with his/her participation in the Race where such damage to or loss of property or any injury or loss of life is not caused by the gross negligence of the Organisers.
4. Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser to ensure participants’ safety, participants partake in this Race at their own risk and the Organiser, the sponsors and their subsidiaries and affiliates, and the officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors, assigns, and insurers of such entities shall not be liable for any death, injury, loss or damage, suffered during or otherwise arising from the Race.
5. Participants are strongly encouraged to seek consultation from medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual Race Day.
6. The Organiser reserves the right to remove any participant deemed, at the Organiser’s sole discretion, physically incapable of continuing with the Race to prevent him/her from causing greater harm or injury to him / her or others or should they fail to comply with the Rules and Regulations.
7. The Organiser reserves the right to delay the commencement of the Race in the event of inclement weather. Should the inclement weather persist after delay, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Race at the Organiser’s sole discretion without further obligation and without any refund. The Organiser shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
8. If a participant feels unwell before/during any leg of the Race, he/she should seek immediate attention.
9. Every participant is responsible for his/her recognition and understanding of race signage relating to direction and facilities.
10. Medical personnel authorized by the Organisers may examine any participant who appears to be in distress. In the best interest of the participant’s health and welfare, the authorized medical personnel may remove the participant from the run.
11. Participants must retire at once from the race if ordered to do so by a member of the organising staff, official medical staff or any governmental authority including fire and police officers.
12. Participants are responsible and will assume liability for any and all medical expenses incurred as a result of participation in the Race, including but not limited to ambulance transport, hospital stay, physician and pharmaceutical goods and services.
13. The Organisers reserve the right to make any amendment to the Race that we deem necessary for reasons of safety or requests made by local authority, police or any emergency service.
14. The Organisers reserved the right to delay, cancel or suspend the Race for any reason as it may see fit and/or due to unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to inclement weather and terrain.
1. The assigned bib must be worn on the front side of the Participant’s attire on Race Day. Participants not wearing the race bib will be disallowed to participate in the Race.
2. Participants must complete each individual leg of the race within the cut-off timing and may not take optional or shorten routes. Violators of the above rule will be deemed as disqualified.
3. Participants are responsible in ensuring that the timing chip is strapped to the ankle in a secured manner, especially for participants taking part in the Relay Category.
4. The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of the Race for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising and Participant’s participation in the Race shall be deemed consent to this clause and waiver of any further notice, consent or consideration for such use.
1. Support vehicle or pacers are not allowed during the run legs and it is the responsibility of the Participants to stay on the race course and failure to do so may result in disqualification.
2. Running with bare torso is not allowed.
3. Every participant must wear adequate foot protection with a sole while running.
1. Cyclists are expected to compete with a properly maintained bike and helmet.
2. Motorised vehicles, motorbikes, unicycles, tandem bicycles, and fixed wheels with no brakes are not allowed in the event.
3. Race number stickers/bibs are required to be displayed clearly on the left, right, front side of the helmet and on the bike itself.
4. Do not blocks others and always pass on the right.
5. Organiser will remove a bike from competition which does not comply with the rules or is unsafe.
6. The helmet must be securely fastened at all times when the competitor is in possession of the bicycle.
7. Cycling with bare torso is not allowed.
8. Road bikes are not permitted.
REGISTRATION CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICIES
1. Once the Registration Form has been duly processed, there will be no refund of entry fees for any reason.
2. Entries to the Race are strictly not transferable.
8055 - 000 - 200