Male and Female
Price includes 1 Ticket for the trekking experience
Vasota Fort is situated in dense forests surrounded by river. It is also known as Vyaghragad. It’s believed that a disciple of Vasishtha, a sage by the name Agasti, came to reside on a mountain on the banks of river Koyana. He named the mountain after his mentor. Later the mountain was fortified and converted into a military station. This fort is so remote that rarely there used to be any military action here hence it was used as resting place for army which has returned from the war during Maratha era.
This trek is counted as one of the best treks in Sahyadri. Being situated in the Koyna WLS, it offers amazing surprizes for wildlife lovers. The trek through the dense forest makes you forget the distance you cover.
Meeting Point: Fergusson College Main Gate at 9:30 pm.
Difficulty: Easy to Medium
Endurance: Medium to High
- Pune to Pune transportation by private bus including toll and parking charges
- Bamnoli-Met Indavli-Bamnoli transport by boat
- Tea/Breakfast, Packed Lunch, evening tea on Sunday
- Forest Fees and Printed information brochure, Expertise, safety equipments, Tents for Camping
- First aid kit
- Mineral water or soft drinks
- Dinner on Sunday night
- Anything not mentioned in the included list
- Sleeping bag or personal bedding
Height: 1171 metres
|Base Village||Met Indavli|
|Region & District||Koyna, Satara|
|Route from Pune||Pune-Satara-bamnoli|
|Distance from Pune||145 kms approx|
Route from Mumbai
|Distance From Mumbai||325 kms approx|
|Key Features of the Trek||
> Trek through a Jungle which is now being converted to Tiger Reserve.
> Boat journey in Koyna backwaters.
> Hot destination for photographers
> Departure from Pune at 10pm
> Non stop journey to Bamnoli
> Camping and Bonfire
> Early morning wake up call at 6am
> Fresh up, breakfast and get ready for trek by 7am
> After forest permissions departure by boats and reach Met indavli around 9am.
> Start trekking to Fort, Visit Vasota Fort and siteseeing
> Start descending around 2.30pm
> Back to met indavli by 3.30 pm and take return boat. Back to Bamnoli by 5pm
> Back to Pune by 10.30pm
What to bring:
1. Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggage.
2. Complete spare set of clothes & socks
3. Water bottle (atleast 1.5 ltr) compulsory
4. Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal medication
5. A sweater/warmwear
6. Good trekking shoes (sandles, chappals, floaters not permitted)
7. A sleeping bag / Thermocol mat and shawl / normal satranji and shawl
8. Torch with Extra pair of Batteries
9. Camera, Binocular (Optional)
For bookings call us on
8055 - 000 - 200