Price includes 1 Ticket for trekking experience
Karnala fort is situated about 20 Km south of Panvel situated in the middle of Karnla bird sactuary. This fort is counted as one of the best winter treks since the weather is pleasant and you can see a lot of bird activity in the jungle. This fort because of its peculiar location, used to be an important fort in the region and considerable history is linked with this fort.
Karnala fort's last killedar was grandfather of Vasudev Balwant phadke, the great freedom warrier and he spent his childhood at a village named Shidhon which is just 6-7 km from the fort. On this trek we visit Shirdhon also where one can see the old wada where Vasudev Balwant phadke used to live and a memorial.
Difficulty: Easy to Medium
Endurance: Medium to High
Height: 469 meters
|Region & District||Pavel, Raigad|
|Route from Pune||Pune-Lonavala - Panvel - Karnala|
|Distance from Pune||120 Km|
Route from Mumbai
|Mumbai-Panvel - Karnala|
|Distance From Mumbai||100 kms approx|
|Key Features of the Trek||
> Trek through a Jungle which is now a bird sacntuary
> To be at the base of famous Karnala Peak which has been shown in several films as "Lingobacha Dongar"
Meeting Point: Fergusson College Main Gate at 6:00 am.
What to bring:
1. Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggage packed in plastic bag.
2. Complete spare set of clothes & socks
3. Water bottle (atleast 1.5 ltr) compulsory
4. Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal medication
5. A sweater/warmwear/rainwear (as per the season)
6. Good trekking shoes (sandles, chappals, floaters not permitted)
7. A sleeping bag / Thermocol mat and shawl / normal satranji and shawl: (only for overnight treks)
8. Torch with Extra pair of Batteries
9. Camera, Binocular (Optional)
8055 - 000 - 200